Motorcycle Manual in AlabamaPass Your Test with DMV Cheat Sheets
Get answers, save time and pass your motorcycle written test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets also offers:
- Steps to getting your license
- 50 essential study-guide questions
- Traffic signs and signals
Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed.Page OverviewSUMMARY: Alabama Motorcycle Manual
Study the Alabama Motorcycle Manual to help you become a legal and safe motorcycle rider. In the manual, you can find clear definitions of types of motorcycles. You can also learn important information about your gear, your bike, and how to safely ride.
Alabama's Motorcycle Operator Manual (REV 2011) is an essential study tool for anyone who is applying for a Class M driver's license through the Department of Public Safety. After all, the written exam you will need to pass is based on both the motorcycle manual and the Alabama driver's manual.
In the motorcycle handbook, you will find key information you need to know in order to be a safe motorcyclist.
Motor-propelled cycles are categorized in one of the following groups:
- Motorcycles - A motor vehicle with a seat or saddle that is meant to travel on less than 3 wheels.
- Motor-Driven Cycles – Any vehicle meeting the definition of motorcycles that also:
- Has an engine that does not:
- Produce more than 5 HP (brake horsepower).
- Exceed 150 CC (cubic centimeters).
- Weighs less than 200 lbs.
Who Can Ride Motorcycles?
Licensed drivers over 16 years old can legally operate both classes of motorcycles.
Teens who are at least 14 years old can apply for a restricted license that will allow them to operate motor-driven cycles.
Riding a motorcycle will expose you to elements you are not typically exposed to in a car. Because of this, it is important to understand the benefits of protective gear.
Refer to the motorcycle manual to learn about:
- Eye protection.
- Face protection.
- Protective clothing.
Knowing your bike is essential to riding safely. While motorcycles are not all the same, you can count on certain basic controls to be available to you.
The Alabama motorcycle handbook discusses the basics of motorcycle controls so that you can have a strong grasp of them.
For new riders, manipulating your bike through the many situations you may face on the road can be daunting.
By studying your DMV motorcycle manual, you can get important knowledge that will help you to safely ride:
- Through intersections.
- At safe distances from other vehicles.
- With clear vision and awareness.
- With high conspicuity.
- With passengers.
- Under many other common circumstances.
Additionally, the Alabama motorcycle manual has a dedicated section devoted to your awareness of the effects of alcohol, drugs, and fatigue on your ability to ride safely.
Choose a County
Compare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
- De Kalb
1. Enter Your Zip:Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section