Lost Traffic Ticket in AlabamaPage Overview
You can’t search for a lost traffic ticket online. You can search for information about your ticket via Alapay, but you must have certain information about the ticket (such as the UTC letter and number) in order to search the ticket. So, that option is only helpful when you want to pay a ticket; not when you need to search for one.
Search by Phone
You can contact the Alabama Traffic Call Center at (866) 954-9399 to ask about retrieving lost traffic ticket information. Be prepared to provide certain information, such as your name and driver’s license number.
If you can remember where you were ticketed, you can move on to the county’s website (see below); if you can’t remember, your phone call to the Traffic Call Center will solve the mystery.
Once you know the county in which you were ticketed, you can visit its website to gather information about plea and payment options, hearing requirements, and contact information and addresses.
Once you’ve retrieved your traffic ticket information, decide how you want to plead. Alabama allows drivers to:
- Plead guilty and pay their fines. Typically, this option carries other penalties (such as point accumulation) and might require a court appearance.
- Plead not guilty and fight the ticket in court. You must show up for your initial hearing date to do this.
Some drivers are able to enroll in driving school and get their tickets dismissed; this option depends on a variety of factors―such as the violation, traffic court judge, and driver―but does require a court appearance before becoming a possibility.Other Topics in This SectionRecommended Articles Next Prev
- Say Hello to Tougher Texting-While-Driving Penalties, New York!
- Contesting an Out-of-State Traffic Ticket
- Traffic Ticket Myths: What’s Fact and What’s Fiction?
- Using Witnesses When Fighting a Traffic Ticket
- The Pros and Cons of Fighting a Traffic Ticket
- Traffic Ticket and DUI Penalties for Commercial Drivers
- Attending Traffic School for an Auto Insurance Discount
- Types of Traffic Schools
- Attending Traffic School for a Traffic Ticket
- Handling a Lost Parking Ticket
- The Real Cost of a DUI in California
- Bizarre Driving Laws
- How can I get a traffic ticket dismissed?
- Can I enroll in defensive driving school to reduce the number of driver’s license points on my driving record?
- How many driving record points can I accumulate before the state suspends my driver’s license?
Can't find something? Let us help you find it!