Lemon Law Attorneys in Alabama

SUMMARY: Lemon Law Attorneys in Alabama

If your vehicle is a “lemon," you may want to hire an AL lemon law attorney to help you with your complaint. An experienced lawyer can help you obtain a full refund (including other costs incurred due to the vehicle defect) or have your vehicle replaced.

NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.

Continue reading this page to learn more about hiring a lemon law attorney in Alabama.

Hire an Alabama Lemon Law Attorney

If you've recently bought a vehicle that is defective, you should think about hiring a lemon law attorney to help you receive compensation.

When hiring an attorney in Alabama:

  • Try to find one that has handled a similar case to yours.
  • Ask about success rates.
  • Make sure you can afford their fees and payment terms.
  • Talk to more than one attorney before making your final decision.

Remember, hire a lemon law attorney that you trust and has a good track record.

Benefits of Hiring an Attorney in AL

A lemon law attorney will know all the fine details about the protection laws and can help you get the result you want and deserve. A lawyer can provide help by:

  • Gathering all required documents.
  • Explaining what you're entitled to.
  • Providing guidance throughout the entire process.
  • Negotiating with the manufacturer.

You'll want to find a lawyer that is local to Alabama and has handled similar lemon law cases to yours.

Is My Vehicle a Lemon?

Your vehicle will be considered a lemon if it is under 2 years old OR you've driven it less than 24,000 miles and:

  • The manufacturer, an agent, or authorized dealer has made at least 3 attempts to fix the problem, but was unable to.
  • Your vehicle has been completely out of service for at least 30 days in total and is being held by the manufacturer (or their agent) or an authorized dealer.

Our Alabama Lemon Law page contains more information.

File a Lemon Law a Complaint in AL

If you have a lemon, complaints must be made to the manufacturer, not your vehicle dealer. The manufacturer must either:

  • Replace your vehicle with a new one (may or may not be the same model).
  • Take the vehicle back and provide a refund for:
    • The full contract price of the vehicle.
    • Sales tax, registration fees, and other related fees.
    • Charges incurred due to the vehicle defect.
    • Any transportation charges that incurred due to the vehicle being inoperative.

If you're unable to settle the dispute with the vehicle manufacturer, you can file a civil complaint and have the issue handled in court. A lemon law attorney should be able to advise you of your options.

For more information, visit our Lemon Law in Alabama page.

Please enter your zip code, OR city and state abbreviation

Related Content

Provide Feedback

Looking for Lemon Law Attorneys in Another State?