- Location: Alabama
Driver Handbook in AlabamaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
The Alabama Driver Manual is an excellent resource for all drivers. It discusses Alabama's traffic laws, rules of the road, and traffic signs.
The manual is published by the Department of Public Safety. It is available at all driver's license offices or online in PDF format. If you'd like to print the manuals from your own computer, you must download the free Adobe Reader
For more information, please see the DMV.org section on the state's Manuals.
For your convenience, the motorcycle manual is available online. The following topics are covered:
- Knowing your motorcycle
- Basic vehicle control
- Knowing your responsibilities
- Lane sharing
- Riding at night
- Handling dangerous surfaces
- Carrying passengers or cargo
- Coping with fatigue
For more information, please see the DMV.org section on the state's Motorcycle Manual.
The Department of Public Safety publishes a CDL Manual for commercial drivers. This comprehensive document provides information on the following topics:
- Driving safety
- Transporting cargo
- Transporting passengers
- Air brakes
- Combination vehicles
- Doubles and triples
- Tank vehicles
- Hazardous materials
- Testing procedures
Alabama law also requires a vessel license for all operators of motorized vehicles on Alabama's waterways. You must be at least 12 years old to apply for a vessel license.Other Topics in This SectionArticles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard