DMV Office Finder in Alabama
Alabama DMV Office Locations
In Alabama, there are separate state agencies that oversee driver and vehicle services:
- Driver-related needs: AL Law Enforcement Agency's (ALEA) Driver License Division.
- Vehicle-related tasks: Alabama Department of Revenue's (DOR) Motor Vehicle Division (MVD).
To find the driver licensing or MVD office nearest to you, either enter your zip code in the search bar above or click on your Alabama county of residence below.
AL Driver License Office Services
Alabama driver licensing offices provide assistance with several driver-related tasks, including (but not limited to):
- Applying for a driver's license or learner's permit:
- State identification card application.
- Written and road tests.
Alabama MVD Office Services
The AL MVD offices offer a variety of helpful vehicle services, including (but not limited to):
Skip the Lines
Before you head out to visit your local driver licensing or MVD office branch, consider these time-saving options:
- Make an appointment ahead of time.*
- Use the online services provided by both the AL Motor Vehicle Division and Driver License Division, saving you a trip to an agency office altogether.
*NOTE: Only applies to Driver License Division offices.
Contact the Alabama DLD
There are a few different ways to get in touch with the Alabama Driver License Division.
If your situation doesn't call for urgent action, you may consider contacting the Driver License Division by e-mail.
To reach the Chief of the Driver License Division by phone, call (334) 353-1470.
Use the Driver License Division's list of main offices by city to find the phone number of the agency closest to you if you need to contact a main office for inquiries regarding:
- Driver license tests.
- Commercial driver's licensing.
- License reinstatement.
Finally, to write in to the Driver License Division, send your mail to:
Alabama Law Enforcement Agency
P.O. Box 1471
Montgomery, AL 36102
AL MVD Contact Information
There are different ways to get in touch with the Alabama Motor Vehicle Division.
- If you're more comfortable with using a computer, consider e-mailing the MVD.
- To contact the MVD's main office by phone, call (334) 242-9000.
- If you need to send mail to the Motor Vehicle Division, address your envelope to the main MVD office that best suits your needs.
Choose a County
- De Kalb
Choose a DMV Branch