Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Replacing a Lost Title in Alaska

    Compare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    Before belittling yourself with self-reproach for losing your vehicle's title, take solace in knowing that the Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) makes it easy to apply for a duplicate.
    AK Replacing a Lost Title

    To apply, you can either visit any DMV office or proceed by mail. If you visit in person, you must:

    If you choose mail, follow the same steps as above. The lone difference is that you must have your signature on the Affidavit of Lost, Stolen, or Destroyed Title notarized. Once all of your papers and signatures are in order, mail them to:

    • State of Alaska
    • Division of Motor Vehicles
    • 1300 W. Benson Blvd., Suite 200
    • Anchorage, AK 99503-3600

    If you can't print the affidavit and reside hopelessly far from a DMV office, you can apply with a handwritten note to the above address. Make sure to include:

    • Your printed name
    • The vehicle identification number (VIN)
    • A full description of the vehicle
    • The reason for the duplicate title need
    • Your signature, which must be notarized
    • A $15 fee
    True or False

    Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.

    True False


    Every doctors first priority is to save your life regardless of your organ donation status.

    More about Organ Donation ▸ Become an Organ Donor ▸