Replacing a Lost Title in AlaskaBefore belittling yourself with self-reproach for losing your vehicle's title, take solace in knowing that the Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) makes it easy to apply for a duplicate.
To apply, you can either visit any DMV office or proceed by mail. If you visit in person, you must:
- Complete an Affidavit of Lost, Stolen, or Destroyed Title in the presence of a DMV agent.
- Provide, if applicable, a lien release from the lienholder.
- Pay a $15 title duplication fee.
If you choose mail, follow the same steps as above. The lone difference is that you must have your signature on the Affidavit of Lost, Stolen, or Destroyed Title notarized. Once all of your papers and signatures are in order, mail them to:
- State of Alaska
- Division of Motor Vehicles
- ATTN: CORRESPONDENCE
- 1300 W. Benson Blvd., Suite 200
- Anchorage, AK 99503-3600
If you can't print the affidavit and reside hopelessly far from a DMV office, you can apply with a handwritten note to the above address. Make sure to include:
Other Topics in This Section
- Your printed name
- The vehicle identification number (VIN)
- A full description of the vehicle
- The reason for the duplicate title need
- Your signature, which must be notarized
- A $15 fee
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Car Inspection
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸