Point Reduction in Alaska
If you have received a traffic ticket in Alaska, then a Alaska State Approved Traffic School is a great way to dismiss your traffic ticket and lose the points from your driving records. I Drive Safely is a good choice for Alaska traffic school online.
The successful completion of a course from one of the approved traffic schools may prevent violations from damaging your driving record. While in many cases a course just might get a traffic ticket dismissed, attending traffic school can also enhance your driving knowledge and skill level, and it may increase your overall safety awareness so that you, your family, and other drivers can be safer on the roads.
Alaska approves a variety of defensive driving courses and traffic schools for:
- Driving record point reductions.
- Traffic ticket dismissals.
- Car insurance discounts.
For more information, please visit our Defensive Driving in Alaska page.
Alaska approves numerous classroom and online defensive driving courses. As long as the course is state-approved and/or your judge allows it, you can enroll in the class that best fits your schedule. If your schedule is tight, an online course might be your best option as you can complete the course from the convenience of your home.
Before registering for a defensive driving course, make sure:
Other Topics in This Section
- It's on the state’s list of approved courses, which is available on the Alaska DMV website.
- You are eligible for point reduction. (You can contact your local DMV for this information.)
- You are eligible for ticket dismissal. (You can contact your court or talk with your judge for this information.)
- Your car insurance provider will reward you with a safe driver discount.