- Location: Alaska
Paperwork When Selling a Car in AlaskaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:Page Overview
Sign the title over to the new owner. Alaska allows 30 days from the date of purchase to transfer a title. To transfer a title, you'll need:
- A Bill of Sale showing the date, purchase price, and terms of sale.
- The odometer reading, which you will simply write in the appropriate space on the title.
No sale can be completed without a title. If the title is lost and your name is on record with the DMV as the owner, you must obtain a duplicate title. If the title was issued in another state, you must arrange to get a duplicate title from that state's DMV. But until then, you won't be able to complete a sale.
No worries if you don't have a current registration. The buyer just needs to explain this on the Application for Title and Registration.
This is an either or situation. You can either complete the stub at the bottom of the title or, instead, complete a separate Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability form.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard