Dealer Forms in AlaskaPage Overview
Obtaining a certification to sell motor vehicles in Alaska is a fairly simple process. Check our page on Licensing Requirements for more details. You can also find information on our Dealer-related Information page.
The first and main form you will need if you are going to apply to become a motor vehicle dealer or buyer's agent, is the application. This form is not available via the Internet but you may request an application packet by mail or in person from the Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV):
- State of Alaska
- Division of Motor Vehicles
- Attn: Dealer/Fleet
- 1300 W. Benson Blvd. Ste. 300
- Anchorage, AK 99503
Be sure to include the mailing address where the packet should be sent.
The Alaska DMV website has a wealth forms you may need if you sell boats and boat trailers, including standard operating procedures in PDF format. Here are some that will come in handy:
- Boat Registration Application (Form 841).
- Affidavit of Boat Ownership (Form 848): in case a customer is trading a boat with inadequate title or proof of ownership
For motor vehicle dealers, there are a wide variety of forms available online from the AK DMV, including these:
Application for Title & Registration(Form 812).
- Military Affidavit (Form 828).
- Release of Interest: for personalized plates for trade-ins.
- Affidavit of Repossession (Form 843): for deals gone bad.
- Application for Personalized Veteran Plates (Form 803V).
Sale of Snowmachine or ATV(Form 808).
- Senior Citizen Exempt Affidavit (Form 807).
- Certificate of Insurance (Form 466).
Dealer Affidavit - Vehicle Held in Inventory(Form 813).
- Supply Request - Dealers (Form CS 805 D).
These forms are useful for dealers of new and used motor vehicles:
- Notice of Transfer Pending (Form 820): if you buy a vehicle outright.
Odometer Disclosure Statement(Form 839). Sale of Snowmachine or ATV(Form 808).
- Charitable Exempt Affidavit (Form 818): registration tax waiver.
- Vehicle Transaction Application (Form 821): general, all-around form for changes and corrections to motor vehicle documents; can be used to release lienholder, get duplicate title, correct registration, or request a plate transfer.
These are forms you may only ever use once or twice in an entire career, but just in case you should need them, here they are:
- Reconstructed Vehicle Affidavit (Form 829): for customized and rebuilt cars, trucks and motorcycles.
- Affidavit of Homebuilt Trailer (Form 819).
- Request for Refund - Dealers (Form 853): in cases of duplicate payment.
This is a complete listing of all currently registered dealers in Alaska.