Dealer Forms in Alaska
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Obtaining a certification to sell motor vehicles in Alaska is a fairly simple process. Check our page on Licensing Requirements for more details. You can also find information on our Dealer-related Information page.
The first and main form you will need if you are going to apply to become a motor vehicle dealer or buyer's agent, is the application. This form is not available via the Internet but you may request an application packet by mail or in person at the following address:
- State of Alaska
- Division of Motor Vehicles
- Attn: Dealer/Fleet
- 1300 W. Benson Blvd. Ste. 300
- Anchorage, AK 99503-3691
Be sure to include the mailing address where the packet should be sent.
The Alaska DMV website has a wealth forms you may need if you sell boats and boat trailers, including standard operating procedures in PDF format. Here are some that will come in handy:
- Point of Sale Registration: for boats sold at a dealership
- Affidavit of Boat Ownership: in case a customer is trading a boat with inadequate title or proof of ownership
For motor vehicle dealers, there are a wide variety of forms available online from the AK DMV, including these:
- Temporary Permit for 60 days: until title is received
- Release of Interest: for personalized plates for trade-ins
- Repossession Affidavit: for deals gone bad
- Personalized Veteran Plates application
- Senior Citizen Tax Exemption form: for one vehicle
- Dealer Forms supply request
These forms are useful for dealers of new and used motor vehicles:
- Dismantle or Junk Vehicle: for acquisition and intent to dismantle
- Transfer of Ownership: if you buy a vehicle outright
- Charitable Exempt Affidavit: registration tax waiver
- Short Form: general, all-around form for changes and corrections to motor vehicle documents; can be used to release lienholder, get duplicate title, correct registration, or request a plate transfer
These are forms you may only ever use once or twice in an entire career, but just in case you should need them, here they are:
- Affidavit of Reconstructed Vehicle: for customized and rebuilt cars, trucks and motorcycles
- Home-built Trailer Affidavit
- Request for Refund of Registration Fees: in cases of duplicate payment
This is a complete listing of all currently registered dealers in Alaska, last updated January 27, 2010.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- The REAL ID Act: Are You Ready for a National ID?
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.