Accident GuideNo one ever expects to be involved in a car accident, but it does happen. When it does, you need to know what to do at the scene. And, you also need to know how to report it―and who you have to notify. DMV.org will provide you with all the details of how and when to file a report.
We’ve compiled, by state, the conditions under which you need to file an accident report, how soon after the accident you need to notify, who you need to notify, how much it will cost, and what form you need to fill out.
During an already stressful time, look to DMV.org for answers on how to fill out an accident report and much more. Hopefully, we can make the whole experience just a little less painful.Choose a State:
Can't Find What You're Looking For? Let us help you find it!Articles
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard
Local DMV Office